Comptia A+ help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazt4me

Beta member
Well, I've been building and doing repair out of my home for about 2 years. I'm lookin to get my Comptia A+. I'm just wondering if anyone has any good study guides, and even picture guides. I tend to be a person who learns more from seeing stuff. There's still a decent deal of stuff i don't know. It's mostly names of things lol. I know what it is and what it does, just tech names i don't know or don't remember. I'm just afraid of failing and wasting my money (and i don't have money to lose what so ever like most people). Please no memory dump sites! I'm lookin for good free stuff everything from newbie stuff, to the advanced to go over and prep for it.
Thx in adv.

I took the course a year ago and have the guide but all it really taught me that i didnt know from building my own rigs for a number of years is terms. Besides that experice is better than anything those books can really teach you. you can find some decent A+ books out there but i dont know exactly what you are looking to do, take just the test or the full course? if the course they have books, test get a book called the A+ Bible. It has pretty much everything you are looking for.

Don't sweat the A+ Cert Exams. They really aren't that tough. There are a few curveballs that they throw into the mix, you just have to read the question CAFEFULLY.

I bought the "ALL-IN-ONE" A+ Cert. Exam Guide 5th Edition by Michael Meyers. It's really large but, once you get going... You fly through it. There is ALOT of information to digest, but if you have had Hardware/OS experience for he last 2+ years, you'll be able to put the pieces of the puzzle together rather quickly.

I spent about a month taking the Practice exams that come on a CD with the Book. I did like 3 or 4 a day. Core Hardware & Core OS... Then when I felt comfortable enough, I registered and took the exams. I passed both... The guide helped me a lot. There are so many little things that you take for granted and don't learn about, but they really are required for the cert.

I'm currently working on my MCSE "Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer" - Which is driving me crazy... lol I'm taking Classes in 5 day sessions 8 hours a day. It's expensive training and the hours are long, but it will certainly pay off in the long run.

Good luck.

Heh good luck with the A+ Exam. I took a practice test a while back to see if I was good enough to study for it after taking my computer tech class at school, and well lets just say I didn't even get half right. Might be easier for all you techno wizards here though.

the MCSE, regardless of what I've seen others say, is NOT easy. Hardest tests I took was the network infrastructure and AD design test. Some found those the easiest, not me. Try transcenders to test your knowledge after studying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom