Components list for my new computer - Please give opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the difference between windows xp and windows xp 64 bit? Would it be worth getting a new motherboard and processor which supports 64bit eg AMD.

I dunno the differences as I have not seen it. However, the 64 bit movement is starting, so I figured it would be prudent to switch to 64 if you are buying a new computer.

Going back to your point about memory what make of RAM would you say is best? I'm looking to get DDR either 2 x 256mb or 2 x 512mb at PC3200 depending on price.

Retro said:
Going back to your point about memory what make of RAM would you say is best? I'm looking to get DDR either 2 x 256mb or 2 x 512mb at PC3200 depending on price.

This ram here would work nicely I think. I like to suggest 1 GB now because I have a feeling applications are going to become much more memory intensive than they are now. I have begun noticing many mmorpg's recommending 1 GB of memory.

I'm not sure where you could get that in the UK but this kinda ram is more than enough. Especially if you have no plans of overclocking. You don't need to pay premium prices for CAS 2.0. IMO it's a waste of money for most users who don't overclock (or oc moderately).

rakesh_1024 said:
Yeah,go for AMD64 if U don't want Ur system to hit the ground within the next few months.:)

What relevance does that have to this situation:rolleyes:

Whats wrong with 550watts? Its too big IMO for his system and he could save more money by going down abit.....

The RAM modemid, is a good deal...only thing I don't like about it they have no heatspreaders which is a plus if you have a see through case:confused: Check for other brands of RAM, I got 2.5 CAS GEiL RAM, DDR400 2x512mb for $190 there on newegg.com:confused:

The Merlin said:
rakesh_1024 said:
Yeah,go for AMD64 if U don't want Ur system to hit the ground within the next few months.:)
What relevance does that have to this situation:rolleyes:

To answer your first question about the revelance of 64 bit processor to the situation heres a quote from the thread starter:

Retro said:
Whats the difference between windows xp and windows xp 64 bit? Would it be worth getting a new motherboard and processor which supports 64bit eg AMD.

The Merlin said:
The RAM modemid, is a good deal...only thing I don't like about it they have no heatspreaders which is a plus if you have a see through case:confused: Check for other brands of RAM, I got 2.5 CAS GEiL RAM, DDR400 2x512mb for $190 there on newegg.com:confused:
You can always buy heat spreaders for your ram. It's better to buy quality ram first, and heat spreaders later.

what is good quality RAM, like aside from the PC # and its speed. like name brands? i no Kingston and Corsair are big names, but ive also seen other brands...what makes their 512 PC 3200 400 Mhz blah blah RAM better then some other company's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom