Component Aesthetics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its good to see people agree with me! I went to a friends house who has a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb, a really awesome looking card, with memory heatsinks everywhere and alsorts of shiny cool looking bits and bobs on it, but they are all facing down, i feel is a waste! If your one of these "window in my case look at my gorgeous PC" types :p

Well, as a newcomer to the "open-sided case" market (not modded, the XaserIII comes with a window) I have to agree that the design of motherboards does not lend itself to looking pretty. Surely it would be sensible to allow a few more mm between PCI slots, and lay things out differently?

I suppose that we are too far down the "standardisation" road for it to happen - a new Mobo design would mean a new case to hold it. We'd have endless problems getting case and mobo to match.

As an aside, the Xaser case comes with SEVEN (count' em) fans as standard, plus a Rheobus. That is an awful lot of fairly ugly lookin' wires, and I've yet to figure out a way of making them look pretty through the window.

Of course I've had so many problems with this new PC that the window is something of an irrelevance. If I can ever get the side panel back on for long enough, I'm sure it will look lovely. :rolleyes:

The only way to hide ugly wires is to use split loom or heat shrink sleaving. Some of this stuff comes in UV reactive compounds, which looks nice when it glows.

You can also use rounded IDE cables, which are a big improvement on the looks of the flat cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom