Compatible Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
I have a Dell Dimension 8200 with a GeForce4 64MB video card in it now. I am in the process of upgrading and I just want to know if ATI cards are also compatible with my comp? And does anyone know which is better between Powercolor ATI Radeon 9600 Pro and nVidia GeForce FX 5200? I have found those to be around the same price range and thats why I am comparing the two. Thanks.

And remember I am only upgrading, not getting the best of everything at this point....lol....I know there are way better cards. Now if someone knows where I can get one better then the two I listed for somewhere between 100 and 150, let me know.

I suggest u go for the 9600 rather than the 5200 fx ...

On second thoughts ..i would like to recommend u wait for a month or so .. 'coz the prices on this generation of graphic cards would drop by then.

Wow, this thread reminds me about this old story around the net about how some dude was advise to go for the 9600 pro over the fx 5200 when they were around the same price, and yet the dude chose the 5200 over the 9600 because it had more memory.:confused: (256mb over 128mb)

Well, thanks for your answers, both the ones I am looking at are 256's so i will be going with the ATI as long as my computer supports the AGP like MARTIN says it should. Thanks.

download CPU-Z and find out what AGP speed your mobo supports, mine only supports AGP2x (very early AGP) so I can't put in an AGP4x or 8x card
don't pu in a card if it doesn't support it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom