Compatibility Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonschutz

Beta member
I've just purchased a new computer on the advice of one of my mates. I am just a bit worried about some of the new hardware whether it is compatible with my motherboard. I have not yet constructed the pc as i am still waiting for my motherboard to arrive. The spec is as follows:

AMD 64 3500+ Winchester CPU
Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
1GB Crucial Ballistix PC4000 (2 x 512MB) RAM
XFX GeForce PCX6600 256MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) Graphics Card
Jeantech Fusion Case
Akasa Ultra Quiet 400W Paxpower Active PFC ATX2.0 PSU - Black Nickel with Blue LED Fan PSU
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 CPU Fan
Western Digital 80GB Hard Drive
Sony DDU1612 DVD-ROM (Silver)
Silver Floppy Drive
Emprex DVD-RW Drive

Firstly is the PC4000 memory compatible with this board because it says 400FSB and this is 500FSB. Also is the power supply big enough to handle the load.

Lastly can i have your opinions on this set up, whether it is good or not.
Note also that i am getting a new graphics card in a few months probably a 6800GT or 6800 Ultra PCI-Express card.

Should be all compatable.

To get the RAM at pc4000 speeds, you must overclock. This means a FSB of 250 (i think)

That board can take up to a 2GHz bus speed, but not the PC4000.

I think you will need to swap to PC2100, PC2700 or PC3200. The rest of it seems ok, the 400w should be fine. Its a good board, but I think the RAM will not work (and if it does it will only run at the PC3200).

The board will underclock the ram to PC3200

Than you can tighten your timings, or overclock without worrying abotu the ram

...unless you mean DDR 400 (which is PC3200).

DDR 500 is PC4200 which makes me wonder if you have made a mistake in the spec you noted!

The memory is pc4000 crucial ballistix, 1GB of it. If you look on the crcucial website it says DDR500 by it and doesn't mention anything about PC4200.

I thought that the motherboard would just underclock it so it's alright. Cheers everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom