Compatability, Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maya

Beta member
Hi... I am looking to build my own computer. A friend told me the following would be perfect.

AMD Athlon Xp 3000+ 333fsb
Soyo kt600 dragon ultra platinum
Maxtor ata 120g harddrive
NES 8x4x12 DVD rw
Speeze socket A cpu fan copper core
Corsair 512mb PC3200
Just4pc mid tower case 485 ps
any floppy drive

Would this be a good gaming computer? I am use the computer to play large games, run graphics software (more than one), download/upload music, and use the net A LOT!

I don't mind spending more if it's what will work. Have bought computers in the past that people have suggested and they stunk! So - thought I would build my own this time.

Thank you in advance :)

well, depends on what kind of graphics software. If its intensive or not. Are you talking autocad? If its professional editing or rendering software then I would bump the memory as I've heard (I dont do much editing) its VERY resource intensive, but I'm talking professional graphics applications.

No... not autoCAD but I have a large photo/graphic library and design sites for people and for myself. I use more than one graphics program... two of them being PSP7 and also PSP8 and a few others.

well, you could go for the new ATI or NVidia line thats come out if price is nothing. It may be a little over kill for what you are doing now but it will serve you into the future, as well when it is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom