compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau_zo_brehm

Baseband Member
The mobo says that it is Prescott Ready hence it is compatible.

U don't have to worry as every mobo will come with a BIOS pre-installed.

Btw, I wouldn't go for Intel unless I do a lot of Video editin stuff.
I would prefer AMD Athlon.

One more thing, Prescott processors dissipate a lot of heat.

rakesh_1024 said:
The mobo says that it is Prescott Ready hence it is compatible.

U don't have to worry as every mobo will come with a BIOS pre-installed.

Btw, I wouldn't go for Intel unless I do a lot of Video editin stuff.
I would prefer AMD Athlon.

One more thing, Prescott processors dissipate a lot of heat.

i am aware of everything u said in the last 2 paragraphs, its just my personal preference.

new question, the motherboard will come with a BIOS, but what are the odds it overclocking compatable? If i plan on overclocking should i purchase a new BIOS?

I dont think you need to worry about purchasing a BIOS.

"It's a good solid board with lots of standard features for a good price. I think most people already discribed the pros. So here're what don't like about it. I was suprised to see the vCore adjustment jumps from 1.6v to 1.68v directly. This really affects the overclocking capability of my P4 2.8c, since I really like it to run at 1.65v. The EasyTune4 software is a joke. It crashes every time I want to overclock, even just for a little bit. When I set the vCore to 1.68v in BIOS, EasyTune reports 1.75v, while CPU-Z, 1.7125v which mean the actual vCore is at least 0.03v above setting. Also the BIOS doesn't allow me to enable PAT (unlike some other Giga i875P boards which call it MIB.) According to Intel, that's a 5-7% performance improvement. Hopefully they will fix it later.
" -> Review from newegg

Some complaints make it seem as though it isnt very easy to overclock. See what some other motherboards have to offer. Asus, MSI, ABit... Anyone else?

Well, all Gigabyte mobos have support for overclockin.
No need to purchase new BIOS.
Bios updates are just like ur driver updates.
They are freely available in the manufacturer's website.
But u have to b careful while updatin ur BIOS.
One mistake and ur mobo is gone.
I have not updated my BIOS even once for my 2year old PC.

archon45 said:
I dont think you need to worry about purchasing a BIOS.

"It's a good solid board with lots of standard features for a good price. I think most people already discribed the pros. So here're what don't like about it. I was suprised to see the vCore adjustment jumps from 1.6v to 1.68v directly. This really affects the overclocking capability of my P4 2.8c, since I really like it to run at 1.65v. The EasyTune4 software is a joke. It crashes every time I want to overclock, even just for a little bit. When I set the vCore to 1.68v in BIOS, EasyTune reports 1.75v, while CPU-Z, 1.7125v which mean the actual vCore is at least 0.03v above setting. Also the BIOS doesn't allow me to enable PAT (unlike some other Giga i875P boards which call it MIB.) According to Intel, that's a 5-7% performance improvement. Hopefully they will fix it later.
" -> Review from newegg

Some complaints make it seem as though it isnt very easy to overclock. See what some other motherboards have to offer. Asus, MSI, ABit... Anyone else?

hmmm...... im still gonna stick with the one i have already chosen until someone shows me somethin better for the same price...

edit: damn your good, u showed me somethin better before i even submitted the post!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom