Compatability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrzeeedler

Daemon Poster
I want to finish the pc i was gonna build. Now im looking at spending about 600 bucks. What i still need is this
Hard drive
motherboard
cpu
memory
videocard

Im just going to do a Western digital or seagate 40gb hard drive. For memory i was gonna go kingston or corsair 512mb. and for the video card looking at something around 100 bucks. That only leaves 350 for the motherboard and cpu. I was thinking probably a 3.0ghz cpu 512cache one. So what would be a good option for a motherboard? I dont want to run intel motherboards. Now i just want to make sure all of this is compatible and will work okay. I already have my case, dvd burner, floppy drive, cpu compound yatta yatta. I just want to make sure that this is gonna be good?

this is what i was looking at actually but do you see anywhere that i can cut back cost?

G451-1037 :: Gigabyte - 8IK1100 - Intel Socket 478 Motherboard with Audio, SPDIF, AGP 8X, USB 2.0, FireWire, WOL, IR, Serial ATA and 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN Support $$$154.95

CP1-P430008NC :: Intel® Pentium® 4 3.0 GHz / 512K Cache / 800Mhz FSB / Socket 478 / HyperThreading / Processor with Fan $$$240.00

THD-1200AA P :: Seagate 120GB / 7200 / 2MB / ATA-100 EIDE Hard Drive $$$100.00

P450-8503 :: XFX nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Video Card / 256MB DDR / AGP 8X / TV Out & DVI $$$95.00

K24-5201 :: Kingston Dual Channel 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory (2 x 256MB) $$$105.00

Total comes to 694.00 from tiger direct

if you are getting that video card then you mind as well just keep the one you have now. The video card you have now is about 50 mhz faster in the core clock and 300 mhz faster in memory. Dont get the fx 5200. I would just stick with the card you have now for a while or get the radeon 9600 xt 256mb.

dump the intel get a amd barton 3000+ for alot cheaper if ur an a buget with a nforce 2 mobo i like msi but i hear asus are very gud to. also if u really want a new graphics card go ATI if u can afford the 9600 pro or xt are great buys. tbh i dont see the problem with oem ram apart from it bein minus the dual channel i think plus its alot cheaper. but at the end of the day its up to u. get from www.newegg.com if ur from usa or canada it seems very cheap

Yeah, you can dump the processor and the Hard Drive. Processor to like a 2.6-2.8 GHZ and Hard Drive like a 60 gig or a 80 gig. should save around $75 give or take. Perhaps more.

Okay thanks guys, what video card do you reccomend for 100 bucks, i just saw that one in the ones that were compatible with the motherboard and hoped you guys would show me another one. Im not redoing my system im building a complete new one. I would like to stick with the p4 3ghz because of the hyperthreading and speed. Im not a fan of amd bartons because they are slow. So i just a need a good video card for 100 bucks that will show the 19" nec flat panel some lovin.

harddrive= check
mobo=check
cpu=check
memory=check
video card=??

btw thanks for your help!

amd's are not slow, they just have a different arcitecture. in any case, what will you be using the vid card for? if it is gaming you will want a good one. I reccomend that you save up some money and buy a radeon 9600XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom