Compaq Presario 5wv252

Status
Not open for further replies.

Painkiller

Beta member
i am currently working on a presario desktop 5000 series its in bad need of an upgrade curenntley it has

CPU: Duron 750
Mem: 64 Mb Sdram
HD: 20 GIG
Video: 8 mb tnt Nvidia

I cannot figure out who makes the MOBO i would like to upgrade the CPU and the Memory And Video, I need help trying to fugre out what the maximum support for ram and cpu is hp is telling me the cpu is soldered to mobo but it is not i can remove it i know the maximum memory is 768 BM of pc100 Sdram i would like to upgrade cpu still need help fast. Any Iddea Or Can someone point me in the right Direction :beard: :confused:

The mobo will almost certainly be made by compaq themselves.

As for upgradabilty of CPU, I found out this much :

the 5WV282, 290, 293 & 295 machines all use a 1GHz CPU (don't know whether that is athlon or duron though).
Your computer (model 5WV252) uses the same motherboard as the ones listed above. Therefore, your board should take a 1 GHz CPU as well.

Possible though it might require a Bios flash in order to do so, but obviously don't flash it unless you are absolutely certain it is necessary.

I assume you have checked for any jumpers on the mobo for CPU clock settings & in the Bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom