compaq/Athlon question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kileak

Baseband Member
Hello I just bought a compaq presario with the athlon 2800+ processor. I also got this game called mysterious journey 2. It's sort of like myst only in real time instead of point and click. Any way the game runs realy jerky with a crappy frame rate with the resolution turned up to the highest level. It only runs half way decent with the resolution on the lowest setting. I thought that with a 2.1 gig or whatever the athlon is, this game should run real smooth. Is there something wrong with the computer or what? Thanks very much for replying. Dale t.

Ditto the above. You need a good graphics card. Compaq is not well known for installing current or top of the line or even midrange video cards. Hopefully yours didn't come with the video controller built into the motherboard. Sometimes they can't be disabled to install a new video card, no matter what Compaq says.

Yup, it's most definetely the video card.

It must not be good enough........to check what it is, R-CLICK on the desktop, click SETTINGS, and click the DISPLAY tab. It should tell you the name of the card under that.

On most Compaq and HP computers the video card is intergated on the motherboard and it only has 64MBs of memory at that. I would recommend buying a real good grafix card and the problems should go away. You might want to get rid of all the bloatware Compaq installs on their computers to help with performance.

Check n' see if ur mobo has an AGP slot.... if so ..Add an GFX cad ...n' see how ur system performs then ..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom