Compaq Armada M700 Power - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2003, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Compaq Armada M700 Power

My college daugher just burned out her Compaq Armada M700 by powerign it for about an hour with her room-mate's HP Printer power supply - which is twice the voltage of the Compaq PS.

It ran for about an hour, she says, but then gave up the ghost and now shows no sign of life, on battery or power supply.

I've replaced the computer - but I would like to fix the old one if that is reasonable - and I am hoping that it is the voltage converter board that is burned out.

Does anyone know exactly what the Voltage Converter board on this unit does? Is it active when the unit is running on battery?

Old 09-01-2003, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thanks - That was the information I neede.

I was concerned that since the computer now does not work on battery, the converter board might not be the whole problem. I'll look over the motherboard carefully and if I don't see a problem there, then I'll take the chance and buy the board, which I found for under a hundred.

Closed Thread