Comp wont turn on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerigorn

In Runtime
I was having issues with my ram. Would run i stick fine, but when i put two in, the comp would freeze at random places. So flashed bios and attemped to tweak ram settings in bios. This still didnt not help me. I shut down the comp and took one of the sticks out, thus leaving a 512 stick; however, in the process i unplugged the heatsink cable that connects to the mobo (was in the way). After i took the one stick out, i pushed power, and the lights, fans, etc. came on but for only split second. I then realized that the heatsink cable was not attached to the mobo. So i connected this back and pushed power, but nothing happened. Now the comp wont turn on at all. *note: the heatsink still came on when i pushed the power button even thou the cable was disconnected (the heatsink gets power from a 4-pin connector). A week ago i bought a 480 Thermaltake Silent Purepower psu, doubt that could be the problem. Any suggestions?

You could of done 1 of 3 things:
Burnt you power supply out (unlikely)
Had a static discharge while removing and reconnecting parts
Or Everything is not plugged in right.

To see if your PS is still good. Take a PaperClip and connect the "green" wire port on the mobo connection, to any "black" wire port.
Plug some fans in, and turn it on. If it is bad it will not run, if it is good the fans will spin like they should.

If the PS is good, make sure everything is seated correctly. Double check.

If everything is seated, maybe you had an ESD(static discharge) on your board. the only option is to buy a new mobo, maybe other components as well.

Also for future reference: Run MEMTEST86 when you install a new stick of ram, to make sure it runs 100% error free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom