comp wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerigorn

In Runtime
I have an old dell dimension 8100. My 256mb memory stick went through washing machine. I put the memory stick in the dell, and it froze. Did a manual shutdown and tried to boot up. comp will turn on and make a couple of sounds (hd, cd-rom) for a couple of seconds, but that's it. no picture, no nothing. all the lights are coming on and i know the cd-rom and hd are working. any help?

so you put the stick of ram, that went through the wash back in the pc?

I think that the ram will need to be replaced.

Re:

...wait wait..did you put your flash memory in the drier before plugging it in? :p

Ok ok...I wouldn't think that heavily washed and soaped flash memory would kill your machine. I would expect it to do nothing- not work and not damage your PC. However, it sounds that it has done something to your PC...but I can't think of anything! :rolleyes:

Actually, in a serious sense, did you make sure that you dried the thing properly (including the contacts and everything) before plugging it in? Perhaps you'll need to get a new motherboard :confused: ...

Maybe there is water inside your USB flash drive, and it caused an undesired short circuit, which may have surged through your motherboard... :eek:

Well apparently if you short out USB it can cause a lot of damage to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom