comp turns off without notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantheman12588

Baseband Member
ok well me and my friend just put my new computer together and i started it up and it was fine and i was formatting the hdd then it got to 99% and just turned off automatically and so i was like erm thats not good so i turned it back no and it started up then turned its self off again and now each time it just turns itself off quicker and quicker..
ive unplugged all the cables and everything and even changed power cables and it still doesthe same freaking thing...

oh and on my motherboard there is a red light when the switch in the back of the computer is on does that mean anything and if so what does it mean?

can anyone help plz...?
cuz me being the one screwed is on the verge of throwing this shit out of the freaking window...

need more information.

all of your computer specs. and does it turn off or reboot?

all of your computer specs means make model of it all.

ok well everything is totally new except my hdd and my ram..but anyway

uhh lets see here albatron kx600pro
athlon 2600+ barton core
maxtor 80 gig hdd
geforce mx 440 64mb
256mb ddr ram (dunno what brand)
powmax 10 bay atx black case with LED fan on the side and a window
and the case came with a 420 watt power supply so i assume the power supply is generic

ok nvm we put the heatsink on and it still doesnt work...
and also now it just doesnt turn on what so ever the only thing that goes on is 1 little red light on the motherboard next to the ram slots

ok well i just found out that my dad didnt fasten the heatsink on all the way..could that be the problem? lol
i cant tell yet because i dont wanna fuck with the heatsink so im gonna wait till my dad wakes up and have him put it back on..

thats's not so good. you said it keep shutting down faster than before, that may or may not indicate your CPU could be damaged from overheating. the heatsink is very important.

even the mobo's CPU auto shutdown may not have prevented damage depending on how badly the heatsink was mounted. don't forget to re-apply thermal paste to CPU die and pray it isn't damaged.

is there any other things i should try cuz i have parts laying around in my old computer so i can put things in and out if need be..

when u restart does it say your computer just recover from a critical error. If it does write down and say what the conflict was. I use to have a similiar problem with some files in my temporary internet file and minidump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom