combining my C: and D: drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
One way I know of currently, hardware wise is to get a motherboard with RAID support, and set configuration to RAID0 mode, to combine the hard drives. Hope this helps as a first start.

by combine, you mean visualy?
if you do, there is a program by symantec (the same program that developed Norton) called 'Ghost'.
it looks a bit old, like a dos program, but most technician still work with it..
you can read it on it's site www.ghost.com, but I'm not sure it is available for free..

i think he/she means to make one drive out of them, your gonna need a good ol windows boot disk get to the command prompt and type fdisk then u can remove both partitions and make one larger partition with your newly formed unpartitioned space,

another note
ghost is not like is used to be symantac ghost has some nice new functions and no longer uses dos and its primary way of ghosting

Are you talking physical or logical disks?

Physical disks can as far as I know only be joined by using dynamic disks in Windows2k but the question is more related to why you need to do this?

If you are talking logical disks (partitions) you may use
* Ghost for the primary partition, backup to save all data and Fdisk to merge the partitions (recreate), or
* Backup of all data, Fdisk top merge partitions and a reinstallation with later restore, or
* Backup and Partition Magic

In any case it is not that a trivial task

we are allaking it Raween, but dear Karlee haven't been here since he asked his question never replyed to our discussion.. unfortunelly..

Hmmm...
5 days ago aint that much. Personally I may from time to time skip more days between scanning through the posts including my own.
:D

ok.. well, thank you for replaying and trying to help.. I just mentioned that this question of yours about the subject has been asked by all already, and that this member haven't replayed to it yet.. I don't criticise, just mentioning..
hopefuly he will come to our forums again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom