Combimouse super ergonomic 2 piece keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
ZitZot Combimouse, super ergonomic 2-piece keyboard
Combimouse, super ergonomic 2-piece keyboard

It may look odd, but this ergonomic keyboard promises to free up your desk from the tyranny of your mouse. Well, from the tyranny of a separate mouse, anyway; the handiwork of an Australian inventor, the Combimouse turns the right-side of the keyboard into the mouse itself, using cleverly placed contacts to figure out when you're trying to use it to to control your cursor.

combimouse-480x389.jpg

In mouse mode, the I, O, J, K, L and < buttons all become mouse buttons, while there's a scroll-wheel on the bottom right-hand corner of the left keyboard half. There are also multimedia keys and a numeric keypad accessed with a num-lock button.

According to the inventor, the Combimouse makes spreadsheet data entry, FPS gaming and general computing more straightforward; you can also use just the right-hand mouse portion with a laptop keyboard, as shown in this photo. Unfortunately they're still looking for hardware and manufacturing partners, so right now the Combimouse isn't available to buy.

Ummmmmm....... yeah....... In all honesty, I do find that some times people just go a little 2 far with Ergonomics. However I can just imagine Billy Mays advertising this as another fantastic product on the home shopping next work.

And I am trying to work out why this would be good for FPS players?

I can not wait to see this product get trashed on shows like American Inventor (or Australian Inventor for that matter as it was made locally)

In all honesty, there is no need to re-invent the wheel.

Yea that thing looks awful and I doubt that it would be worth the price tag, and seriously the humble squeaker is one of the most abused bit's of kit on the plannet, stop ****ing with it for god's sake.

i would rather pick up one of those $5 keyboards at walmart, and then steal my neighbors mouse.

Yea that thing looks awful and I doubt that it would be worth the price tag, and seriously the humble squeaker is one of the most abused bit's of kit on the plannet, stop ****ing with it for god's sake.

Because of the low volume and the simple fact that the inventer thinks that his invention is ubar cool, it will have a high price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom