CMOS manual hdd setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazarus_Abraham

Solid State Member
I just traded in my old parts for a whole new system and was in the process of putting it together last night. I got to startup and solved some minor problems, but now the darn mainboard wont detect me hard drives. I figured out that this is probably solveable by formatting the drives, but I do not want to do that until I back up some files from my primary drive to my secondary. So the only other way is to manually detect the drives in CMOS. However, when I open the correct page for my primary drive, it will not let me input the data needed such as the capacity, cylinder, head, precomp, landing zone, sector etc. How do I access those fields?
Also, my hard drives do not have the information printed on them that I need and I no longer have the owners manual. Does anyone know of a site that will give me ALL specs on my hard drives?
Please, 2 days without a computer are hell. I'm using my work comp for goodness sake.

nope

I had thought of that, unfortunately my hdd is Quantum which was taken up by Maxtor. Maxtor gives specs on thier drives but not on Quantum's old drives. That still does not solve my problem of accessing the manual spec options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom