clock speeds: is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
rivatuner says the following about my x300se:

$0900000005 Memory clock : 195.750MHz (391.500MHz effective)

what does this mean? can i set the clock speed to 391.5Mhz safely? is this telling me the cards potential, or just what the memory clock is somehow running at? everywhere i look on the internet says that the memory speed of the x300se is 300Mhz

isnt the memory speed normally much higher than the core speed? my core is at 324Mhz, but the memory is only at 195.75Mhz

edit: also, i cant find the part in rivatuner where it says if there are any pipelines that can be unlocked. i want to see if there are any, as my card only has 4. :(

edit2: found the problem, when i go to the low-level system tweaks window, there is no NVStrap tab. why is this?

yet another edit: on the low-level system tweaks box, there is a warning triangle with an exclamation mark over the memory speed, and when i looked in the help, this indicates that the clock is outside the recommedned overclocking margin. how can this be when the card is running on stock speeds?

For the pipelines: At the Bottom Check Allow enabling hardware asked units, click customize, then Checkmark the 2 Bit xx that say disabled. -

that was a older version so it may be somewhere else but look for that - there may not be any pipelines to un-lock.

If the temperature of the GPU is fine, and you are not getting any artifacts than its fine.

Your memory is DDR - double data rate, means that it is effectively twice as fast as the actual clock speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom