Clock Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

uumapathi

Solid State Member
My computer's clock often looses track of time. I have a HP ZE5170 laptop bought some 15 months ago. I have to constantly update the time using internet time server <time.windows.com> using the time update feature. This annoys me a lot and I'd appreciate if anyone cound give me a solution for this problem. Thanks in advance...

uumapathi i just want to make sure you understand what microbell is saying; he is talking about the CMOS battery that is a button type battery, not the main battery pack used to power the notebook. the CMOS battery is used to hold the BIOS configuration and/or system clock time, comprende?

Well..Thanks ek...I am a Hardware Engineer myself and I know to locate my CMOS battery...:)

uumapathi,

Did you replace the battery yourself?

I have a question about that procedure, maybe you can advise me on this point. I downloaded the service manual for my ze5170 from HP and it says that when the screen and motherboard are disconnected, a Service Utility floppy disk is needed in order to reconnect them. The wording is vague, it sounds like they mean when a NEW screen or motherboard is used then the floppy is needed to help them communicate. It's hard to imagine that I would need this floppy if I'm just putting the same parts back together.

So if you did replace your battery yourself, how difficult was it, and did you need the SU floppy?

If you paid for it to be done, can I ask what it cost?

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom