Clear Cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

noserub

Beta member
Is it possible that I fried my motherboard by clearing CMOS with the power plugged in...I forgot to unplug it before switching the jumper and now I don't get any response out of the power supply or anything...

Any help is appreciated...

I doubt you fried it......I remember once I thought i'd fried it by doing something similar, in reality i'd just made a stupid mistake. To clear the cmos you switch the jumper for a few seconds while the pc if off, then put it back in place before tunring back on. If you leave the cmos in the clear setting and try to turn on the pc wont start. Could be you knew this, but i've done it before myself.

it possible you have jumbled the bios, or it partially reset. Here's a sure fire way to reset the bios(jumpers don't always work)

Unplug your power supply from the MTB, remove the battery from the MTB and short between the two metal parts of the socket. while doing this hold the power button in for a few second. This shorts the socket and discharges any CAPS. Put the battery back in, then reconnect the power supply.

If this doesn't work then it's time to do some basic troubleshooting...

Thanks a lot for the replies!

I guess I reversed all the jumpers in my head...so it was when I thought I was clearing CMOS it was in normal operation mode, and vice versa. DUh! Anyway we all have our moments...right?

Suckers workin like a charm now! Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom