Cleaning out case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbucker

In Runtime
I've had this PC for 8 months now, and as yet I haven't cleaned out the inside of the case. I've noticed the fans have gradually got louder recently, infact annoyingly so, and I've been told if I blow out the dust build-up inside the case it will make a difference and quieten it. Is this true? Also, I don't have a can of compressed air - are there any DIY methods of doing it? I don't have a vacuum that could do it, but have a hairdryer - although I'd be worried the heat might cause a problem. All opinions much appreciated. :)

I would use a can of compressed air. The dust can cause the bearings in the fan to go quicker as well as cause more noise. It also hold heat and will cause your components to run hotter. I blow mine out once every or every other week.

SHAWN said:
I would use a can of compressed air. The dust can cause the bearings in the fan to go quicker as well as cause more noise. It also hold heat and will cause your components to run hotter. I blow mine out once every or every other week.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking really - just wanted to check. You clean yours out that often? I was thinking more every few months, but I'll do whatever it takes to keep it in order. How often does everyone else clean their cases?

I clean mine out every few months and my hairdryer has this ac on it so that works fine for me. Also what you can do is put Oil on the bearings I used wd-40 and it is nice and quiet

Dude LoL the heat isnt that hot. Think of it this way your CPU probably runs at about 50-60 C. A hair dryer might reach like 40 C a hair dryer would work while a can of air works better lol. But Im cheap.

I've got a small air compressor that I bought at Home Depot for $79.00. It's perfect for cleaning PC's. I also use it a lot. Can Air only works for a few minutes then it starts to freeze the can and start shooting out mist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom