Cleaning an LCD Monitor screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for your replies.

I intend on just using a soft cloth with a small amount of water. I have been told to use those things before but I was a bit unsure, I though that water would just increase the amount on smudging.

Thank you

I don't have a Microfiber cloth but i do have one called an "All purpose cloth".

Does anyone think this would be suitable or should i not bother.

I don't have a Microfiber cloth but i do have one called an "All purpose cloth".

Does anyone think this would be suitable or should i not bother.

Sure, should do the job perfect ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

I use a soft cloth and distilled water, and never spray the screen...always spray the cloth...then wipe the screen.

I use whatever the cleanest cotton item i have sitting next to me. Usually either just a towel that i dampen or a sock. As whirlwind stated, never spray the display, just wet the towel.

I always get smudges on my screen also. In the middle of the night little gnats always are landing on my screen. I have to squish them or else they would get so annoying. Anyways i just cleaned my monitor using a damp cloth and it works perfectly fine. Doesn't really matter what kind of cloth it is. Just make sure it isn't to coarse.

This cloth does become quite soft when it's damp so I'll use it when i need to give the monitor a good cleaning.

Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom