Cleaning an LCD Monitor screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dempoi

Solid State Member
Hello. As some of you may know after a while LCD monitor screens start to have smudges and finger marks and i was just wondering if anyone knows what i should use to clean my Monitor screen. I've been told that all you need is water.

Thanks in advance

DON'T USE POLISH!

I can safley say I killed a laptop LCD using polish (any T.F residents remember the thread? :eek: :p)

Just a soft cloth and water is all you need.

Cheers,

~ Tkey

I would have thought water could be a dangerous idea, well in the circumstance with maybe (somehow) not squeezing enough water out of the cloth and water end up welled somewhere near electronicy bits..

Lately i use anti-static wipes as they are recommended a fair bit... maybe try them as there won't be the risk of a water accident.

By water we are refering to a "damp cloth". You don't want so much water that its forming a "well" in the electronic bits ;)

Anti-Static wipes are also a good way of cleaning the screen. You can also apply a VERY SMALL amount of cleaning solution to your cloth.

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Yes, to expand on what others have said, you should use a cloth (preferably microfiber cloth) with just a small amount of water added to the cloth. In reality, though, you should not be touching the screen of any LCD if it can be avoided.

you want to be careful with antistatic wipes, not all are suitable for LCD screens, though this is becoming less common as CRT's are pretty much gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom