Cleaning the dust out of my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
READ THE BOTTLE!
EDIT: Do you mean an actual air compressor!? Not a can of compressed air? I don't think you should use an air compressor... just use something standard... don't be a cheapo for something thats $3

I have a air compressor in my dads garage
Yes, he's wondering about using an actual air COMPRESSOR.

Like I said in my previous post, just check to see if it sprays water when you spray air. If it does, just use canned air. If it doesn't, then by all means: go ahead. I've done it on tons of computers at where I work when they're really dirty, because we have a garage door that goes outside in the shop that I work on 'em in, and there's an air compressor right by the door, so I just take the PC out there, set it down on the concrete, and blast it out w/ the air compressor.

I do it all the time, about once a month. Like others have said, check for water first then blow away. I live in the desert, I really like when it snows.;)

The computer will not run faster because its been dusted... cooling may become better, but the computer itself won't go any faster or slower...

True, but i'd still say its worth cleaning out fairly regularly

Most air compressors have a water trap, so you should be fine. just spray first to make sure though.

If the compressor has a pressure regulator, you may want to turn it down a little. 1200 PSI can rip wires loose... among other things.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a 1200psi air compressor, mate. Thats 'will kill you and your eardrums' pressure. I think you mean 120 psi

generally you throttle them anyway by modulating the spray lever.

I'm more used to airless compressors that run multiple guns and pressure washers. :D Besides, 40 PSI should be more than sufficient.

It actually improves performance by 1000% if you dust :p

in all seriousness, it gets the dust off everything so, your fans spin better,items are not insulated and overheat, HD doesnt get too hot which lowers performance.

READ THE BOTTLE!

jesus, people these days can't do basic research on their own...

tilting the bottle downwards can cause liquid or moisture to come out in mist or actual liquid flow... so don't tilt it and you'll be fine!

short bursts not long sprays will prevent anything from happening

even if water comes out, your fine as long as you don't power up while its wet, dry it off thoroughly and leave it off for 24 hours

EDIT: Do you mean an actual air compressor!? Not a can of compressed air? I don't think you should use an air compressor... just use something standard... don't be a cheapo for something thats $3

Learn to spell and why would I be cheap if I wanted to use something that has more pressure then a can?

If you can read you can see I used the word air compressor.

Learn to spell and why would I be cheap if I wanted to use something that has more pressure then a can?

If you can read you can see I used the word air compressor.

Air Compressors alone cost over 200 dollars.

WOW this thread went a bit wrong, a quick question: if you get water or something in your mobo, will it destroy it or will it still work if you wait for it to dry out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom