Cleaning the dust out of my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCRMYZ

Banned
I have a air compressor in my dads garage and I have 2 years of dust sitting inside the computer. So I was thinking if I unplug the computer and take it downstairs and set it on a flat surface.

Could I just spray it out with the compressor, obviously keep it 10-12 inches away because of the pressure.

What is everyones thoughts.

Anyone?

I am basically just going to spray its down and get all the dust out, also I know know one here is probably a expert on using a air compressor to spray out a computer but do you think it will reduce the temperature?

Thanks.

make sure it doesn't blow out water your your effed in the a.

bring and old pc down there first so you don't mess up your good one.

I've done it tons of times at where I work (since sometimes there's so much dust in machines I've worked on, it'd be a waste to use canned air xD). Just make sure no water (from condensation) comes out of the nozzle when spraying (hold the nozzle out at like concrete or something, spray the air at the ground, and see if any moisture comes out). If nothing comes out (except air obviously) then you're golden.

Do they all shoot out water? You guys are starting to worry me.

READ THE BOTTLE!

jesus, people these days can't do basic research on their own...

tilting the bottle downwards can cause liquid or moisture to come out in mist or actual liquid flow... so don't tilt it and you'll be fine!

short bursts not long sprays will prevent anything from happening

even if water comes out, your fine as long as you don't power up while its wet, dry it off thoroughly and leave it off for 24 hours

EDIT: Do you mean an actual air compressor!? Not a can of compressed air? I don't think you should use an air compressor... just use something standard... don't be a cheapo for something thats $3

Spray away my friend. I had an old HP desktop that desperately needed cleaning. After a good 10 mins and a can and a half, the computer ran noticeably faster

Spray away my friend. I had an old HP desktop that desperately needed cleaning. After a good 10 mins and a can and a half, the computer ran noticeably faster

The computer will not run faster because its been dusted... cooling may become better, but the computer itself won't go any faster or slower...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom