Cleaned out closet.. does anybody know what this is?

Veraster

In Runtime
I cleaned out my closet today. That closet contained mostly old computer parts. Some of them were ancient.
I found an Nvidia TNT 2 32mb card with the original receipt.
I found an ancient Quantum 80MB HDD (couldn't find out what year it was made) and a 250MB Maxtor HDD. There were also a ton of other hard drives ranging from '92 to now.
There was an IBM keyboard that weighed at least 10 pounds and had an internal fan and it connected to the computer via something that looked like a phone port. A sticker on the box said it was manufactured in 1990.
I also found this thing. I have no idea what it is so here are pictures:
2012_10_19_15_30_36_385.jpg

2012_10_19_15_30_50_493.jpg

2012_10_19_15_31_00_140.jpg

2012_10_19_15_31_05_878.jpg

I've googled a bunch of the numbers on there and still can't find anything. Does anybody know or remember what that thing is?

Last edited:
I got the theory from the stickers... "Hard Drives International" then the two ports on the back reminded me of a SCSI daisy chain.

Wow that's a huge clunky hard drive. The actual storage capacity might be like 2MB or something like that. Does anybody know how old that might be? How would I connect it to my computer?

You would need a compatible SCSI card, cable, and terminate the chain properly. The drive is probably 20 or so years old. It's actually magnetically shielded it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom