Choppy sound!!! ahhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlelegs

Solid State Member
I just got a new computer with 512mb ram, amd 2600+... its got everything.
except when i listen to music on it, the sound is scratchy... like every few seconds there is static. could it be my speakers just suck (they were really cheap no name speakers) or could it be something wrong with the computer? or could it be the built in soundcard on the motherboard (gigabyte tech. k7 triton, agp8x/dual channel ddr motherboard).
thanks
jon

edit: my computer is running sluggishly. the sound is choppy because of this. i feel like i am running a pentium 2, not a amd 2600. what could i do to fix this? it just started.

I would say possibly it might be your speakers, get a decent set of amplified speakers,but if it was me I would put in a sound card.
let us know how you made out.

I use my On-board sound and it works Ok but If ya want good quality sound I've been told to invest in a good soundcard. Also your speakers should be upgraded. Speakers are really cheap nowadays. I use a 3 speaker set up with Some Nice Altec's!

well, its not the speakers, i hooked it up to my stereo system and i have the same problem. i think its the driver. i have the nvidia nforce audio drivers... the latest ones (4.09). maybe i should get an older driver??? this is driving me crazy.

Yeah ya can try rolling back the driver & then maybe check with the Mobo Manufactuer for tech support on this. I pretty much have the same setup with Nvidia & mine sound fine on games & music Playback. I removed my soundblaster live card & really don't notice any difference, Plus I free up a PCI Slot & another IRQ. Also ya might want to check in msconfig to see what's running in the background on that PC. It shouldn't be Sluggish unless something is hogging resources.

i have tried to install the drivers that were on my winxp cd... they dont work right. then i tried downloading from the nvidia web site, they dont work right, then i tried the drivers from the nvidia cd, and they dont work right either. the audio and video are the main thing that goes slow. when i first got the computer i didnt have these problems, then i had to reinstall windows, then these problems surfaced.

BxSlipSk8718, how did you fix the problem? where did you get the drivers?

thanks for the help guys. turns out my hard drive was bad. exchanged it for a new one. anyone else had problems with 250gig maxtor drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom