"Choppy" Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

play2lose

In Runtime
When I play games like Counter Strike...I get messed up graphics.
When I turn the walls seem like they move and have lines in them and when I move everything is choppy...like I see double of the floor sometimes...........what could this be?

my refresh rate is at 60Hz and I have a Radeon 7500 64DDR PCI Video Card...it's not overclock...what could this be..stuff seems to get "chopped up" when I move and it's as annoying as hell

Also, the wall moving around is most likely caused by the Vsync being turned off in your control panel.
Turning VSYNC off does improve FPS but causes those problems. Since your card is fairly low end, your FPS must be also fairly low which causes you to notice those distortions.
Note that by enabling VSYNC, you will lose FPS so if they are already low (choppy display) they'll get even worst.
here are a few tips:
increase your memory if possible
close any unnecessary programs running
defrag your disk
In your control panel, reduce your AA and ASFA to minimum (anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering)
decrease the quality of the rendering effects in your game options
get latest ATI drivers

i would also suggest just plain getting a new graphics card. that may help as will DX and new drivers.

awwww......I downloaded the newest drivers catalyst and DX9 and it still is choppy....what's refresh rate do?...also how do I enabl vsync..and what enable write combing...i have it unchecked

hey i am having similiar problems with my fx 5200 card. refresh rate is the rate at which the screen refreshes the images. the higher th e rate the better the performance. if someone can give a better explanation of this than i can please do. im not sure of the other things that u were asking about. i have dx 9 and the newest driverss and i am still having problems. so i dunno, its kinda weird. let me know if u come up with any solutions.

its possible you dont have enough system resouces. try freeing up processes and incresing the size (if possible) of the paging file, i had a similar problem with another game "Postal 2" incresing the paging file gave me back alot, try that.

Yeah, look for how to enable Vsync on you computer, and you should ALWAYS have your refresh ABOVE 60 Hz. You will get screen flicker which causes eye strain. Have you run the program fine before and are now having a problem, or as this been like this the entire time you have been trying the game. Your comp may not be good enough if this has been an ongoing problem with that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom