Choice between two machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiking

Baseband Member
Hi. I have a choice between two exceptionally fine machines.They are the desktop Hp pavilion d1160 and the Laptop Hp pavilion zd8000. I intend to use either one for gaming and editing. It's pretty hard to make that choice as the laptop as 17' widescreen and packed with hardware.

The desktop comes with a geforce FX6800 256MB graphic card PCI express. I hear this is a damn good card. Excuse my french.
The laptop comes with the ATI mobilty Radeon X600 pci Express. What a choice.

The specs for the Desktop d1160 are:

3.4GHz P4 550 (800MHz) HT
1024MB DDR2 SDRAM (533Mhz)
2 x 160 GB SATA (7200)
An extra removable 160GB (USB 2.0) UATA (7200rpm) drive
1 dvd 16x player
1 dvd+/-RW/+/-R/R9 etc
nvidia geforce FX6800 256MB, PCI Express
Sounblaster Audigy 2 Zs
and a whole lot of extra

Pretty hard choice.

Thanks for replying. The specs for the laptop:

3.2GHz P4 HT
1024 MB DDR SDRAM
100GB UATA100(4200rpm) drive,
17' widescreen
ATI Radeon X600 pci express 256MB graphic card
and lots of extra.

I was thinkin of building my own but the offere comes from my job as a payment plan.

xotix said:
defianately the pc. but try major's idea about building ur own.

I could try that but at this very moment I don't have the time or the money to drop everything on all the equipment to start building my own. All I want to know is, if the specs are good enough for both editing and gaming?:bald:

ok if u don't got the time then. definately the pc. and the specs on it will keep you happy for a good while.

Thank you all. I will definately go for the pc. :)
I forgot to mention that the desktop also comes with another extra 160 GB removable hardrive that I can take with me and connect it to another computer. Not bad eh?

Speaking from personal experience, I want to warn you to never get an HP desktop. If you are going to go with the desktop, build your own. HP uses cheap parts and also makes your system unable to be upgraded in any way. You can get the same specs or better for cheaper if you build your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom