Votes: 0 0.0%
  • uncontrolled reboot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use intel but I prefer AMD

I think a big piece of the intel lead is due to intel having a larger foothold on the corperate market

T1junkie said:
I think a big piece of the intel lead is due to intel having a larger foothold on the corperate market

There is that, and in the channel it the F***ing GID Channel Partnership which Intel forces me to comply with.

Intel gives the resellers and distributors cerntain kick backs when an Intel CPU is should. Unless it's some thing big, (like a high end P-IV or a XEON CPU), the kick back are mearly a few dollars.
There is also some other benifits that we get like :-
* Information on when the next price drop is going to be. Some times up to a far as 6 months.
* Information on new delevolopments before is becomes public.

Now in order for me to keep the GID, we need to sell X amount of CPU per quarter, and at least one person from our company needs to show up to the GID Channel Partnership meetings.

Everytime with these meeting, the boss basically does a raffle to see who is going to be the luck one to go (if there is now volinteers)
Most of the time, I just show up, sign my name, have a feed and a beer, quick look around at the other people that are there and then get out of there as these meeting are boring.
Last meeting was about wireless networking, and i am in the room thingking "Yeah...Yeah...Yeah..., tell me some thing that I don't know"
I always show up to the AMD Channel Partner Meeting. They always seem to be some small gamer's convention. Last time, I was playing 64-bit Unreal Tornament 2k4 for about a 1/2 hour.

We nearly lost our Intel GID Channel Partnership last quarter as we were a litte too PRO-AMD. I have never sold 3 months worth of CPU in about 2 weeks before.

Intel!

One of these days I may try AMD if I build another computer but I'm happy with Intel so I'm going to stick with them even though they usually end up costing more. ;)

yeah the cost is almost always more expensive for the equiv chip which is another reason that amd shoud take more market share

Your up front in your face cost is cheaper with AMD but you got to buy special heat sinks and fan's and moniter this and that.They run hotter right from the start and to make them compete with pent's. You got to make them go even hotter.

Knowledge and pampering AMD's need to make them better takes to much time.Your average user isnt going to go to sites and forum's to find out.They just want the sucker to plug in and work.Shit must folks wont even take 20 min's to vote.

Im intel all the way.64 Ath has me curious but for cost.Ill buy another pent probably a 2.8c and it will last me a long time like this 1.4 has.How many old AMD's you see.Know my 800 AMD is fried in some land fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom