Checking your CPU Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayaprayer

In Runtime
I recently upgraded my CPU from a 1.6Ghz to a 3.0Ghz with hyper threading. It doesn't seem to run any faster but i'm not sure how to tell. In fact sometimes my PC gets kinda laggy even when only running one or two programs. Anything I can do to test my speed or maybe fix the lag?

go to my computer>system info to see your speeds or you can run 3d mark
your system could be overheating which may be causing the lag, look in bios or download motherboard monitor 5 to check your temps, your heatsink may be installed incorrectly or you may not have enough airflow in your case

Hmmm, I wonder if your Vaio supports hyper-threading and/or the prescott series, you might want to look into that.

Definatley a heat problem too, prescott is insanley hot, run it with the side panel off, see if that makes a difference.

I'm not using the vaio mobo anymore. I'm using a MSI Neo2-V 865PE. It does support the Prescott series. What are good temps for the cpu and stuff to run at?

I ran Motherboard Monitor and it says my CPU is running at about 39C, but they didn't have my exact motherboard when I set it up so i went with what I thought was the closest. But when I got into my bios it says its running about 43-47C. I didn't really run much this morning yet, I'll have to try running a few programs.

If his computer displays a lower than expected CPU speed, he will need to clock his CPU. That's what happened when I first installed my AMD Athlon CPU.

-Dan The Man

Clock my cpu? How do I go about doing this? Glad to hear my temps are ok. Also a side note, when i went into my bios it said hyper threading was enabled so it does support it. Thanks for all the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom