Checking the Price - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Geek Squad

Default Checking the Price

Hey guys I finally think my gaming days are over, I find no enjoyment at any new games coming out, nor do I find any enjoyment from games I am currently playing so I am attempting to sell my Current rig (in my sig) as well as a monitor (I know the price on that) and purchasing a respectable 15.4" Laptop with a nice Core 2 Duo processor and 2 gigs of ram and MAYBE if I get it from HP as a custom one with a somewhat decent video card.

Now I know that it in no way shape or form will be able to run games really well, that is NOT the issue, the issue is just that I find no fun in games to date. Anyways, please give me your honest opinion as to how much I could sell this machine for (priced both for people who know what they are looking at and the general public (NOT gouging, but a decent price for people who have no idea on how to build a computer)).

Thanks guys, here are the specs:

160GB Seagate SATA Barracuda
nVidia GeForce 7800GT
3800+ X2 Dual-Core Processor
A8N-E motherboard with 4x512 MB of RAM for a total of 2GBs.
1 DVD Reader/CD-Writer
1 DVD R/RW and CD/R/RW
Alien-X Steel Server case.
500W Antec Power Supply, dual 12V rails

Upon selling it will have a brand new installation of Windows XP (and yes it is a legal copy it is NOT pirated or the like).

Again guys, thank you very much and please give me your absolute honest opinions both on people who can and cannot build computers (I do think my skill in building computers should be put into the factor with people who have no idea on how to build a computer).

Thanks guys.
-Josh

P.S. so far I am considering an HP 6000t with a mobile 7400 Go card that will allow me to play some mediocre games from time to time and watch videos without suffering through integrated graphics. My main use of the laptop will come down to doing papers, watching movies, reading forums, making webpages, and maybe making a company that runs off of me building computers (small side company really).

Thanks guys again.

"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power." ~Sun Tzu

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~Confucious

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” ~ Samuel Jackson

“Omnis vir est fortunae faber”
Old 04-13-2007, 12:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Geek Squad

Default Re: Checking the Price

Did I do something to become blacklisted or something, seems that no one either wants to talk to me or outrightly refuses to. Just curious.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~Confucious

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” ~ Samuel Jackson

Old 04-13-2007, 01:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

$600 Can
Opteron 165 cooled by Zalman 9500A LED // DFI Lanparty UT NF4-D // Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320-GB Hard Drive // Sapphire X1950XT 256MB cooled by Zalman VF900 Cu LED // 2x1GB OCZ EL Plantinum // Enermax NoiseTaker 430W // Pioneer DVD & Combo Optical Drive // 20" Samsung 206BW Monitor // Logitech Z-2300 Speakers // Logitech G11 Keyboard and Microsoft Sidewinder mouse // Antec Nine Hundred Case
Old 04-13-2007, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Geek Squad

Thanks man.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

Old 04-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Renowned Budgeting Master

Send a message via AIM to Sora

thats cutting it pretty high. I would say 550 USD if that.

the X2 3800 can be had for really cheap and 2GB of ram went down. The 7800GT is also beat by the 7900GS which is only 150 bucks. ( all of those in USD)

However it is a fully built system and for this reason it's possible that you will get a buyer on a store such as Ebay.
4x1GB of G.skill DDR2-800
2 8800GT in SLI
22" Samsung Syncmaster
1 250GB WD and 1 Seagate 7200.10 in RAID 0
Corsair 520HX 3DMark06 Score: 13900
Old 04-13-2007, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I was going to say around $500USD, going off completely random numbers in my head.