Check-Out My New GamingPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gate9

Baseband Member
What do you think of my new gaming PC? Constructive comments get my attention, since I have not as of yet received my machine. Thank you to those of us on the discussion board that assisted me in my decision-making.

Case:Trinity ATX Mid-Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Silver
Power Supply: 500 Watt Power Supply
Processor [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 FX-55 CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI nVidia nForce4-SLI Chipset w/LAN, Wi-Fi-g, 7.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 Dual PCI-E Motherboard
Memory: 1024 MB [512MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Kingston Hyper-X
Video Card:pCI-Express 16x] Nvidia GeForce 7800GTX 256MB w/DVI + TV Out
Hard Drive: 80 GB HARD DRIVE [S-ATA] Seagate 80 GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive: Pioneer DVR-109 Dual Format/Double Layer 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
Sound Card: Creative Lab Sound Blaster Audigy-2 ZS 7.1
Wireless Network Adapter: Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps PCI Adapter

What PSU make is it?

I hope that is a san diego FX55 :p

I would really recomend getting the DFI sli-d for the motherboard. You will need a 24pin PSU for this. OCZ modstream are 24pin.

I personally prefer OCZ platinum rev. 2 - overclocks extremly well

It is all compatible though.

2 suggestions. Get a 6800GT and 4000+ instead. Save yourself a few hundred dollars and buy a ton of games with the money instead. Or use those few hundred dollars to get a bluetooth keyboard/mouse and wirelss speakers. Ya, your being kind of redundant with the sound/wireless adaptor, but if you insist on higher quality sound, then go for it.

where are u getting the comp from?

Anyway, i would change the mobo to a DFI lanparty nForce4 Ultra-D, or at least an MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 mobo

Ultra-D won't do since he wants sli I think. So, you would reccomend the SLI versions of those mobos.

Or you could do a pencil mod, and a few nights on ebay for the ultra-d to be turned into a SLI-D :p

If you want the best the FX57 is out now :p

Or you could save yourself some money and one of the AMD san diego's.

Well we can tell it's not a custom made PC

The motherboard is a bit iffy, and just pray they give you a san diego FX-55 or else it's some 2 year old peice of tecnolagy that you can cook food on.

And hope the "500" watt power supply is good as well

Why does the case have a 420 supply and you're buying a 500 also? Doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sure there's a reason that I dunno.

You have too much money. Thats like a $2000 machine.

Oh, and I agree, get a 4000+ or something, it'll save you a bunch of money, and I don't think you need a FX-55 for anything really. I mean, you'll run any game on all high w/ a 7800 PCI-E and 4000+ and it'll save you money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom