Check this out I need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdslayer87

Banned
I have a compaq evo laptop considerably old I want to speed it up a little bit for some school work that needs to be done. I want to totally restore it to factory conditions but it doesnt have that option like the HP computers how can I go about doing this and backup files that I need while completely restoring everything?

Also The cd-rom drive pops open and ejects but it isnt working at all any suggestions?

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Okay but check this out can I just use a random OS windows XP is what I want to use. I just want to get it moving super fast again my uncle had it in afgahnistan so its kinda like running really slow from all the music files and stuff.

Also there is another problem I am facing their is a program called guitar in my documents and I cant get it to go away I have tried deleting it but it doesn't and it takes forever and never finishes supposedly there are tons of files in this program according to my uncle any ideas on how to get this thing gone?

Here is the computer itself and what it looks like.

HP Evo N610c (Pentium 4-M 2 GHz, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD) Laptop reviews - CNET Reviews
:D

you need more ram 1 gb is fairly cheap if it is ddr or ddr2 it'll cost roughly 50 bucks

how many ram slots does the laptop have, if you have 2 slots you can get a gig in each and have 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom