Check this out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfist

In Runtime
The other day, my cuzzin was planning to get a notorious Dell, but lucky i managed to stop her. Phew! I persuaded her into letting me build 1 for her. She's just a normal user who uses apps most of the time rather than gaming but also does some normal gaming that's not too demanding. Here are the specs:

RAIDMAX Scorpio 868W (White/Black/Blue/Silver)
ASUStek P4P800 Deluxe (Intel 865PE) 800MHz FSB+Dual Channel DDR
INTEL Pentium-4 3.2EGHz (1MB/SSE3/Box) 800MHz FSB =Alone=
KINGSTON HyperX 2x256MB Kit (Total:512MB/PC-3200/CAS-2) 400MHz DDR
MAXTOR DiamondMax Plus-9 (120GB/6Y120M0/8MB/FDB-Motor) SATA-150
SONY 1.44 Int. Floppy Drive
SAMSUNG SM-352BRNS CDRW+DVD(52x32x52x +16x DVD) Int. IDE
CREATIVE SoundBlaster Audigy2 (6.1ch/24-bit) =OEM Pack=
LOGITECH Z-640 (5.1pt/70w) speakers system
ATI Radeon 9600 (AGP8x/ DirectX 9.0) 128MB DDR+TV-Out
Mouse/Keyboard - Haven't decided but probably wired & optical.
Samsung 795MB Flat Screen CRT
Cooler Master Ultra Vortex Intel P4 / AMD K8 Heatsink "KCC-V91"
ANTEC True480W ATX Power Supply (v2.03 P4 ready)
APC UPS Back-Ups 500VA

So, what do you guys think?:bald:

By the way, when u usually spread thermal paste, u must spread it out onto the whole top surface in a paper thin layer rite? but if the heatsink bottom is a round 1 like the Cooler Master Ultra Vortex, then how much do u spread?

By the way, when u usually spread thermal paste, u must spread it out onto the whole top surface in a paper thin layer rite?
If the CPU has a heatspreader on it which most of the newer faster Intels do, then you simply place a BB sized dot of paste in the middle, put the heatsink on, give it a TINY TINY TINY twist in each direction to make sure no gaps are present and you are good to go...you only spread out the thermal paste when you're applying it directly to the CPU Core which they are starting to do away with and simply put the heatspreaders on....gotta remember though the core is still underneath that heatspreader in the middle so it's not necessary to cover the entire surface.

"Move it to the Leuf, shawdy..."

DUDE!! Is your avatar flippin' the finger? :p:p:p LOL

Yor setup looks ok. But please remember the heating concern. you need more sand (I mean cooling devices.) ;) :cool:

yea dude. i'm gonna install 2 or 3 additional fanz n gonna change from ribble cable to ide n fdd round cable. thankz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom