Cheapest Retail Venice

Status
Not open for further replies.
# One 16-bit link up to 2000MHz
# Up to 8 GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth
# Up to 14.4 GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth

This true?

...........well it would certainly be pretty stupid of them to just put down blatent lies dont ya think?

Nubius, you said that DFI NF3 board is coming out in June sometime right? I don't know if I'm patient enough to wait for it, or if I'll succumb and go with the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum.

keyword *supposedly* coming out in june, that's the latest I've heard.

But if it turns out that they can't make a board that lives up to the DFI standards they won't release it.

I'm gonna wait, and then I suppose if they don't release it I'll have to bite the bullet, ebay off my 6800GT (sucks it's all nice and burned in :( )

and then go DFI Ultra-D with a 6800GT PCI-E

I want nothing less than DFI at this point

id prolly just go with the PCI-E anyway at this point. Its a jump thats gonna become inevitable in the future anyway.

yeah but if they release this board I'll be set.

Assume I have my 6800GT water cooled and clocked well beyond Ultra specs, a Venice running at 2.8GHz or more hopefully, and RAM running around 275MHz.....yeah I'd be set for a minimum of a year if not more at which time I'll be able to throw down money for a new motherboard and graphics card, which even if I went for PCI-E now, I'd wind up doing that in a year or more anyway.

Not to mention AMD might be DDR2 by then

hey nubius u think ur XBL's are gonna OC great with the dfi board and venice?

what's the difference between your ram and G skill LE/LA's?

i mean they both use samsung tccd's and brainpower pcb's..

AMD should go DDR3.

they are

in like two years or so..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom