Cheap Macintosh

what is the maximum amount you would pay for an 8 bit gaming console?

• $10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $15

• $20

• $25

• $30

• $35

• $40

• $45

• $50

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hempage

Solid State Member
Is there a way to get started in the Macintosh world for less than $400? Are they worth it?

I have heard good and bad things about Mac.

I have also heard good and bad things about Windows.

It depends on what you want to do. Video Editing is right up Apple's alley. While Information is all Microsoft. E-mail, Internet, Games, Music. Just about everything you can think of. If Apple can do it so can Microsoft. But for some reason the professional v-editors buy Macintosh. You know what? I saw some Apple computers in the Habitat and I think I want one. Very old, but I don't get much go with Mac. I'm comfortible in either O/S. And I am yet to try my hand at Linix or Unix. But I'm sure I could get it down with a little practice. Mac and Windows are pretty simillar. Don't be affaid to make the switch as it won't take long to learn. (The Recycle Bin is the Trash Can, etc.)

Do what you want, however, if you're going to be working on lots of different things then you won't be satisfied with Mac as Windows offers more compatibillity (obviously). Just need to know what you need.

I'm interested in video, and I'll always keep a Windows pc around. I'm just looking at trying out a different computer platform for something affordable.

well, a 400$ mac can be a lot of things. If it is a powermac with a decent (over about 500MHz G4) then jump on it.

I would suggest, however, the newest
eMac for $799. 40GB hard drive and combo drive, in addition to a built in 17 inch CRT, one of the fastest G4 procs around, 32MB of Radeon 7500 graphics (hey, not the best, but as you all say, Macs arent gaming machines). The 128MB of RAM is dinky, but you can grab a larger stick on the cheap if so you desire.

Just another option to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom