Cheap Laptop!!! Guaranteed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like this doesn't seem too bad.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3715&item=6754505829&rd=1

But I'm still warry of buying from ebay, there dosn't seem to be much of a guarantee on them.

Its not that it has to play games and music, but if I can get a laptop that would run word for £70, or one that will do word, music, firefox (online) and old games for £100, I know I would rather pay the little bit extra.

I would really like to be able to take it back to a shop I find its a lemon, but shops would up the price of second hand laptops I would think, so maybe not the best option.

How about renting one? Is that a good path to go down on a budget?

I must admit that I have always liked the look of apples iBooks, but I have no experience with an apple laptop, so I woudn't know what they can and cannot do :(

Their prices seem pretty good, but I'm not sure if they would ship to the UK. I do have family in America, but it may be too much hassle to get it delivered there and then posted on to me, although it would avoid import tax.

Hey, you have to do what you have to do. Although none of the systems on RetroBox have an OS, their prices make up th edifference.

Drop them an email and see if they can do the international thing. If not, you can always depend on family...

I am still a little more inclined towards the iBook, despite it not being able to play many games (that is just a guess). Are there places to get refurbished iBooks cheap in America? Also, the sort of spec I would be looking at would be 700 processor of some sort, 256mb ram, 20gig hard drive, and a cd drive (although cd may not be essential). Does that sound about right, for a pc laptop or an iBook?

What city does your family live in? In Minneapolis I got a nice laptop for $300 from a local computer shop. They're all over the place where I live. I got a P3 500 mhz, 128 mb RAM, 6gb HD, 8mb ati video, CD, and Windows 98. Word runs very nicely and if need be, I can play some older games on it. Might and Magic 9 (similar requirements to NOLf and also uses Lithtech engine), Half Life, and even dos games run fine on it. As a bonus, even the battery holds a charge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom