Changing the ram, will this cause read errors? (read this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
Ok, on my forum one of the members asked "I just got 2 new sticks of kingston ddr400 C2.5, can I keep the old one also or do I have to get rid of it?"

Since the old stick is kingstong ddr400 C3, I said ya just put the two new sticks into the ddr slots and put the old stick in the single slot.

my mod says:
"Only issue I can see is the different clock cycles, may get read errors. try it and if it starts acting funny, take the original one out. if the prob goes away, then choose which set you want to stay with."

I disagree with him, what do ya'll think? I said maybe it would if you were changing out different brands and timings, or using a brand that the mobo isn't exactly compatible with.. In that case you'd get more than a "read" error.. Anyways, since it's using the C3 in the single slot and not along side of another DDR stick, I think it'll be fine..

*edit*
btw, the member who was needing to put this ram in, put it in as I directed and all is well just like I.. KNEW!" hehe

w00t, 1 point for me.. what does everyone else think? Was I right in what I said...?

Yeah, the looser RAM always takes presidence over any other in the configuration. RAM will never overclock itself to meet another stick, but it'll surely underclock, although honestly I'm pretty dern sure he can simply put all 3 at 2.5

My kingston stick was 3-3-3-8 and it runs at 2.5-3-3-7 no problems, but yeah, as far as read errors thats just bogus, either they'd all work together or they simply wouldn't.

lol you got your confirmation on the first post, now you're going for glory and overkill :p

haha, i just wanted.. perhaps someone I knew who posts what they know instead of what they think (and then try to back it up)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom