Chaintech VNF3-250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalit

Beta member
So I bought stuff for a computer, got it all set up, and my sound isn't working correctly. I got a Chaintech VNF3-250 motherboard. I don't know if this is the only company that does onboard sound this way, but it's 5.1 or something like that, it has the 3 normal plugs (output, input, mic) on the motherboard, and then it comes with a seperate card. I don't know what slot it is, it's below all the PCI slots though. It's kind of like a 56k modem slot, but it's longer. Anyway, I installed the drivers that came with the motherboard, and the output/input/mic jacks work fine, but the jacks on the extra card don't work. I tried taking it out, and putting it back in, nothing. I looked on the motherboard driver CD, and I tried to run (if any of you guys have used this motherboard) d:\audio\PCI\cmedia\setup.exe, and the following error occurs:
Information - Can not find audio chip
with a few sentences saying it can't be found. I'm running Windows XP Professional. Any thoughts on why it's not working?

I installed the sound from the CD without problems using the autorun..If you can get the software to install, you'll find the sound card isn't needed, you can run 5.1 through the usual 3 sound/mic sockets, it just means you have to use all three of em.
BTW, its very simple to set up if you can get the software to load that is....

Thread moved to Hardware Zone. This is a problem not a tip. Please keep your posts in the appropriate forums

Have a nice day ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom