Cell processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
they shouldn't have all the hardware integrated, it would make replacing stuff alot easier adn provide modders with a bigger playing field. you wouldn't have to sacrifice the entire HDD and saved games just because your mainboard fried on it, or the core died out.

well, the specs show an expansion for "optional CPU module", whatever that will be aside from the obvious.

Seems to me like were just building computers we plug into our tv, whose sole purpose is to play games. If thats the case, why not make them multipurpose? Give the capability of Music Storage and Playback (which they already do), as well as other things like instant messaging and internet access. Don't you think parents would concider an Xbox2 more if they could access the internet though the machine, especially those who don't own a PC. (Which is hard to believe now) The machines obviously have the power do so. I wonder if its just a security issue. Some basment dwelling neards find out how to attack the Xbox's OS and then you have a $250 piece of junk. I don't know. There is a lot of stuff they could do to make it more appealing to other types of people, not just those hardcore gamers.

killians45 said:
from what I understand, or actually rumor is both Xbox2 and PS3 will have internet functions.

i wouldn't be surprised, since with the original XBOX you can run Linux on them lol. they will probably have an XBOX-Talk program, some kind of XBOX-beet-box, probably even XBOX-Inbox (thats sounds kewl) mail feature. all they need to do is make them thinner so people can carry them around in ther backpacks:) lol.

well its not like the xbox is actually having a registry you have to understand this isnt a indows platform OS they are making, for all we know this might turn out to be a 64 bit system that has an impressive way of shutting down comprimiser such as if i were to hack into the xbox2 it gets my true ip address and sends it to major firms like mcafee and nortan symentec to put me on the hacker list and spammer list

it'll probably be pretty locked down, with so many different companies (or w/e u wanna call them) joining together to make one product, there has got to be some kind of awesome security measures. with all the anticipation and rumors a single security hole could flop there entire sales...i'd be surprised if anyone could even comprehend the system's interworkings and architecture...not too many people around here are fimiliar with powerPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom