cdrw problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedfreak1984

Solid State Member
could anyone help me
i have a cdrom and a cdrw installed the cdrom is the master and the cdrw is the slave my cdrw works fine when writing onto a cd but either performs really slow or not atall wen reading of a disk its quite annoying cuz my cdrom is only slow and it takes forever to load on new programs :(

speedfreak1984 said:
could anyone help me
i have a cdrom and a cdrw installed the cdrom is the master and the cdrw is the slave my cdrw works fine when writing onto a cd but either performs really slow or not atall wen reading of a disk its quite annoying cuz my cdrom is only slow and it takes forever to load on new programs :(
Hi,

We could help but with what? There is only one question there and this is 'could anyone help me?'

Please give a little more details,

Thanks,
J.

Set your CD-RW to primary, doing so will cause most of your power to focus on that. Right now, your CD-ROM has most of the power, which isn't needed. Set your CD-RW to primary and your CD-ROM to secondary. That should help out. That really shouldn't be the case though, but make sure you aren't burning at 52x. Unless it's from a really good brand like Sony or Plextor, DO NOT burn at 52x. Most of the time it will fail because it goes too damn fast and the buffer messes up completely.

If I have my 48x CD-RW set on slave and my 16x DVD ROM set on master should I change that for max efficiency?

i have never heard of that fix before and i am skeptical that would do anything at all, his problem lies elswhere.

True_Orb i would leave your configuration the way it is or if you want the max efficiency put each optical drive on a separate IDE controller. there are somtimes problems with buffer underrun when you have them on the same cable.

just fort of something else i have an sata hardrive so wud it be better to put 1 drive in the ide 0 and 1 on ide 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom