cdrw/dvd sm-348b problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

seatha

Beta member
Please help. 1st of all, I'm new to this forum. I have a DELL Dimension 2400 with windows xp (home edition), 3.06 GHz processor, 510MB ram, with a Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-348B dvd re-writer.
My problem appears to be software, or so I have been advised. I have installed a game, ACT OF WAR, DIRECT ACTION.(ATARI) which apears by all intents to have installed correctly. I have re-installed many times and also had the game disc replaced, to see if my problem cured. It didnt.
Once the game is installed, I, re-insert disc in the drive tray(its the only drive tray on the pc) and two msgs appear as soon as the tray closes. The 1st is( DLA FILES - Your version of dla can read files on this disk but you will not be able to edit or add to them) closely followed by the 2nd ( NO DISK INSERTED).
I have tried updating my drivers for the CDRW/DVD, but am informed that i have the most up to date already.
I do not have this problem with any other games.
Has anyone else had similar problems, and if so, how do you correct it?
I apologise if this is long winded but, as for the inside of a p.c. i'm afraid i'm not much use.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Alan.

Are you using a copied disc? If the game has been copied (legal or illegal) you might get problems like this.

NO.ITS ORIGINAL..........BOUGHT N PAID FOR...the problem has been rectified kind of but now i have a prob with my video card.........neverending.......lol

What did you do to fix your problem? Please post it here so that members with the same problem will know what to do:D

If you need help with your vid card, you should post a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom