CDRW/DVD & CDR drives won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh_superman

Solid State Member
I got 2 drives running under Windows XP Home edition. One is a old Hitachi CDR-8130, and the other is a newer Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-352B. In device manager, they both have black exclamation points next to the devices inside a yellow cirlce. In properties, in the General tab, under device status they both read:

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

I've tried uninstalling the drives and letting windows recognize them again-- same problem comes up, and I've tried a system restore, which I couldn't get a restore point before the incident to succeed.

I don't know if this will help, but here's what's found in Driver File Details:
All are in the directory C:\\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\ with the following file names: cdrom.sys, MxfW2k.sys, redbook.sys, and storprop.dll

It's most likely a registry issue, possible due to a virus, but I don't know what to do. Any help would be apprectiated. Thanks!

Still need help

Yes, I'm new. Is there an initiation to go through first in order to get help around here. I'll go as far as the goat, but that's it!!!!

Any help at all is better than nothing!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom