Cdrw

Status
Not open for further replies.

notaclue

Beta member
Hi,

Hope some one can help, I want to put a CDRW in my 333Mh machine, The bios detects it but now I can't see either the CD R or the CD RW in Windows. I have checked all the usual stuff jumpers, master, slave etc, I have even changed the IDE ribbon cables.

The drives are not showing up in device manager either! I have also installed a generic CD ROM driver (The optorite site doesn't seem to have one for the CDRW)

Cheers Terry

You need CD-Burning software. You could try Roxio's Easy CD creator. Though I'm not sure where you can get the free version (includes functions to burn data and music). Or you could buy it at http://www.roxio.com/ Or for music you can download iTunes (if you're on 2000 or XP) or the latest Windows Media player. There are others, but I don't know where they are.

Hi,

Many thanks for your replies and help, but I'm not sure that the burning software drives the devices (CDRW/CDR). Tech4hire, I'm using Win Me

Cheers Terry

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and help, I have tried adding each drive seperately, and also the add hardware wizard, but neither detects the drives

Terry

Hi,

Many thanks to every body who posted advice. I've found a fix for my prob, and have now got the CDRW installed:D My PC was running in DOS compatability Mode which, amongst other things prevents the protected -mode drivers from initialising when Windows starts. When this occurs, a NOIDE value is placed in the registry which prevents windows from making future attempts to initialise the protected-mode driver.

If anyone else has similiar probs go here: www.support.microsoft.com/support/windows/topics/hardware/

Article 151911

Cheers Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom