cdrw

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergiofar

Baseband Member
Hi, was hoping someone could help me. I have two questions.

I recently installed a promise ultra ata 100 tx2 in my computer. Originially I was going to hook up my two hard drives to it (heard it would make it faster and needed the extra ide connection so I could use the cdrw) but kept having ot hit F1 to continue to load from the bios. So I decided to hook up the extra cdrw instead (cdrw worked fine in another computer) When I boot up I get the following message:

Ultra 100 TX2 Bios is not installed because there are no drivers attached.

Does this mean that my bios does not detect my cdrw? When I look in windows the cdrw is recognized.

Second question, when I try to use the cdrw my computer freezes and I have to reboot. Will someone please help!!

From the error message it seems you have an driver issue. Either your driver is not installed or it is corrupt.

1) Drivers in simple definition is the software which communicates with the hardware to make it compatible and work. You must install the correct driver for the CDRW. With your product you might have received a CD-ROM disc or floppy diskette. You will need to use that media and install the driver from it. If you don't have the driver or the media then you can probably search the internet for it. A good place to start is www.driverguide.com. You must join to complete a search...it's FREE. You can search by manufacturer, device, or resource. If you are unsuccessful there then you can google it and it should produce some good results.

2) Simple form: Your CDRW freezes your computer because when you try to operate the CDRW it is looking for software (drivers) to communicate with. When it doesn't find the correct driver the computer is confused and don't know what to do so it freezes until it errors out or crashes.

Good luck!

Thanks for the information. I went to the site you mentioned and the driver is not available. I also went to the manufacturer website and no luck, no driver. It is a pacific digital cdrw 32x12x48x, if you know of any other site where to get that driver please let me know, or if anyone has that driver I would appreciate it. I seem to of lost the disc that came with the burner. Also, someone told me that the message that the bios for my ultra ata was not being loaded was becuase the bios needed to be updated, is that correct?

Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom