Cdrom Drive Not Working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
same here, change the battery, reset the bios.
if doest work, then, take out memory, all unecesary pci cards and boot, it coul be a mother board problem.

Same problem happened to me, all i had to do was remove that tiny gray audio cable connected to the drive.Thus Behold!
Windows xp recognizd it again ....

MicroBell said:
If that fails...remove both devices in device manager and let windows install them again. What OS are you useing??

microbell that logic doesn't make any sense to me because he was listing what his BIOS was giving him

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Auto Detecting Pri Master...IDE Hard disc
Auto Detecting Pri Slave...Not Detected
Auto Detecting Sec Master...ATAPI CDROM
Auto Detecting Sec Slave...Not Detected
Ultra DMA Mode-5 S.M.A.R.T Capable But Disabled

Sec Master Drive-ATAPI Incompatible
Press f1 to Resume
------------------------------------------------------------------

the operating system hasn't even been loaded yet so there is no way his OS can detect something that the BIOS hasn't detected. that grey audio connector sounds interesting and might work. or maybe even taking out one of the cd-rom drives and testing them out individually to see if one of them has failed or just mess with the jumper configuration might work also.

i'm running my cd-rw drive without the audio cable right now. but i don't know how that effects the burning process.

I SCREAMED EUREKA WHEN I DISCOVERED THE CURE FOR MY SICK PC! (i later called a tech cuz u f*cked it up more)
[does not include the drive(just the os) ]
your cd drive is gonna work when you disconnect the audio cable , trust me

who's suggestion made you f*cked it up more gammacrush2000?

the audio cable is just for listening to a music cd with headphones plugged directly to the cd-rom i think. it is plugged from the sound card to the cd-rom. you most likely dont need it unless you like using headphones on the cd-rom

People and that damn CMOS battery. lol

Anyway, how old is the drive? Some brands suck. Fact of life. I've seen Creative brand drives crap out after 8 months of use.

There's a good chance your drive just died. They do that, depending on how much you use it, dust in the area, among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom