CD-RW reboots computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hygor

Daemon Poster
Hi,

My Cdrw crashed during a standard image burn and now if you try to read a cd (of any type) in the drive the computer reboots... i think this is as i have turned off the Blue screen of death and so just goes straight to the reboot.

I am running Win XP pro sp1, My cdrw is a Samsung SW-248B and I have a samsung DVD drive SD-408 which i didnt check until today but this seems to be crashing the computer in the same way!

I have an Asus A7S333 motherboard.... which i have flashed the bios on after this problem arose and I have checked the bios settings...

I am absolutely stumped by this problem as I have tried new drivers, removing the hardware and letting xp reinstall it, flashing the actual drives themselves... and all the while I am due a backup which i cannot do without my cdrw!!!

If anyone could help I would be most grateful

Cheers

Hygor

hygor said:
Hi,

My Cdrw crashed during a standard image burn and now if you try to read a cd (of any type) in the drive the computer reboots... i think this is as i have turned off the Blue screen of death and so just goes straight to the reboot.

I am running Win XP pro sp1, My cdrw is a Samsung SW-248B and I have a samsung DVD drive SD-408 which i didnt check until today but this seems to be crashing the computer in the same way!

I have an Asus A7S333 motherboard.... which i have flashed the bios on after this problem arose and I have checked the bios settings...

I am absolutely stumped by this problem as I have tried new drivers, removing the hardware and letting xp reinstall it, flashing the actual drives themselves... and all the while I am due a backup which i cannot do without my cdrw!!!

If anyone could help I would be most grateful

Cheers

Hygor

Try checking your power supply.. constant rebooting of a PC most likely a power supply failure.

DX

Thanks

right i'll have to try to look into that possibility... is there any special way to do this?

I dont know how to chck a faulty power supply than to replace it with a new one. anyway, its one of the chepest part of the PC.

Huge thanks mate... it was my PSU causing the problem... i had an hour spare this evening and dismantled my PSU... i gave it a good clean inside and replugged all of the wires... it seemed to do the trick as my drive now works again!!!!!

cheers for the advice!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom