CD-RW Not seen in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

hd8

Beta member
Last time I installed windows xp on my computer, I made an image of it with Norton Ghost, so that I wouldn't have to go digging through all my setup cd's and driver cd's next time I cleaned my system off. When I restored it though, my Plextor 12x10x32A CD-RW wasn't installed back. I've checked in the BIOS and the secondary slave is reporting None. I have a liteon DVD drive as my secondary master. Any thoughts on how to get my CD-RW working without having to reinstall windows from the beginning?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

HD8

Hmm, as simple as it sounds you might just want to unplug it and replug in the IDE Cable just to ensure it has a snug fit. I know it was working beforehand, but trust me, plenty of times I've gone through a format and all of a sudden my secondary 80gb HD isn't showing and basically everytime I've gone and unplugged it and put it back in it's shown so it could be something as simple as that. If not, then perhaps adjust the jumpers on the cd-rw itself could be adjusted. Make sure the DVD drive has the jumpers set to master and the cd-rw to slave. If that doesn't work try setting both to cable select and put it on the IDE accordingly. Master is at the end of the cable and the slave is in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom