CD-Rom drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivid Dream

Solid State Member
I have a Yamaha CRW-F1ZE CD-RW drive using WindowsXP (SP1). I want to know how to check if DMA is enabled on my drive. I used to know how to do it in Win9x, but things have changed in the new OS.

The problem I'm having with my drive, is that it won't recognize media. I'm able to view my firmware in my CD Recording software. I'm also able to eject the drive using commands from the cd-writing software too.

I was leaning towards a software issue under Windows XP, but I'm beginning to think it may be the hardware now. I've updated the ASPI Layer to version 4.72.1. I've also upgraded the drive's firmware from 1.0b to 1.0g.

I'm running the drive on a 700MHz Athlon CPU, with 256MB of RAM, and meet the minimum system requirments for the drive. Device Manager also reports no problems with the drive either.

I appreciate any advice on this matter. I consider myself an educated computer troubleshooter, with good skills. This dilemma has me perplexed though.

Your place got YAMAHA brand of CDRW, here dont have.
Only got yamaha music instruments n amplifiers.

My drive will not recognize normal media, such as audio CD's bought from the store. It also will not recognize blank CD-R's (Memorex, TDK, or Maxell).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom